Rocker Switch: Introduction
- Rocker switches house a button for operation that can be pressed on either end to connect or disconnect an electrical circuit. They are often used as on/off switches on the main power supply for electronic devices.
- Rocker switches are electro mechanical devices which open and close contact to control the flow of current. A rocker switch is a subset of manually actuated switches, where the interface is an actuator (rocker), which rocks or pivots around the center point, typically providing either two or three positions.
- In other words, when one side of the rocker switch is pressed, the other side rises, very much like a rocking horse or a seesaw. Rocker switches can be momentary or maintained (spring return or stay on or stay off) and can be mounted into a panel or pedant assembly. Rocker switches have extensive applications – from household items such as power switches on the back of a computer to heavy equipment controls, military field equipment, and a variety of heavy duty applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rocker Switch Market: Dynamics
- Factors that drive the growth of the rocker switch market include increasing demand for rocker switches in automobiles, military auto parts, and machines and applications in marine industries.
- The restraint for the market is related to the efficiency of the switches; they are to be replaced after a certain amount of switch operations. The availability of alternatives such as traditional switches that are available at low cost is also likely to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
- Miniature rocker switches are also available in the market and their main advantage is that they occupy considerably less space than the larger versions typically used in the U.K. and U.S. This provides various opportunities to the rocker switch market.
Automobile Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The global rocker switch market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into single-pole rocker switches and multi-pole rocker switches.
- On the basis of application, the rocker switch market has been segmented into home appliances, automotive, marine, aerospace, military, and others.
- Aerospace, military, and automobile segments are the most attractive markets for rocker switches, since these switches are used in engineering vehicles and SUVs
Latest Press Release by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hospital-disinfectant-products-market-to-expand-at-growth-rate-of–5-3-cagr-from-2018-to-2026-to-reach-us-17-1-bn-through-2026-transparency-market-research-300999388.html